5th Anniversary of Enstoolment as Manoyam Matse
Published On: 14 Nov 2014
Nene Detse Kafele
We bring you greetings from Toronto, Canada. It was on October 29, 2009 that Nene Sakite 11, Konor of Manya Krobo invited us to sit on the Stool of Detse. We swore allegiance to Nene Konor and to the people of Manya Klo to work to serve, protect and advance their collective interests through leadership in the area of development and with a particular focus on young people.
We are happy to report that 5 years later, we are still strongly committed to this life-long task.
Mo tsumi ke suomi ke buayemi. We would like to briefly list some of the things we have been able to achieve over the period of time through our Youth Council and with much support from many trusty replica watches.
1. Youth Education Project (YEP) – on-going financial support for 43 vulnerable students in Upper and Lower Manya
2. Agricultural project – provided funds to support education of young farmers at the University of Ghana Faculty of Agricultural Science for 3 years
3. HIV Research initiative – introduced international researchers to Manya Krobo who trained and paid young people as research assistance and developed HIV health promotion strategies as a result of findings
4. Youth Research – funded and developed extensive research on status of youth in Manya Klo. Project was led by Richard Nartey and Gloria Amanor
5. Bore Hole – Financed the repair and reconstruction of a borehole for clean drinking water at Dawa Korlewaa
6. Computers – provided desktop computers to all high schools in Manya Klo and laptops to a number of schools
7. Library revitalisation – provided extensive financial and planning support to the Millennium Library at Kojonya to support better infrastructure, communication as well as librarian training and capacity building
8. Provided funding and planning support to Manya Klo Heritage to focus on cultural revitalization and youth engagement
9. Organised 2 major youth conferences to develop a comprehensive youth strategy
10. Provided training and capacity building sessions in Asesewa and Odumase to support youth leaders
11. Provided a number of barrels with books, clothing, food, toys and miscellaneous items to support needy youth across Manya Krobo
12. Printed and sold T-shirts as a fundraiser to assist with the cultural project of replique rolex pas cher Manya Klo Heritage
13. Donated funds to support the extensive renovation of VAS International School in Odumase
14. Provide on-going financial support for HIV orphans in Odumase
15. Provided leadership in the development of Manya Krobo revitalisation initiative which will eventually provide significant economic benefit to youth and the community in general
16. Provide funding support and active leadership and coordination in the current development of a comprehensive, multi-purpose website for Manya Klo
Additionally, we are working with the Lions Club of Toronto to explore the feasibility of developing a comprehensive eye clinic at Odumase to serve not only Manya Krobo but potentially the entire Eastern Region. This has numerous economic possibilities for our Traditional Area.
None of this would be possible without the active support, leadership and contribution of a host of individuals too numerous to mention. We feel obliged to identify some key individuals in Toronto and Manya Klo who have been exceptionally supportive. On our Council in Toronto, Carl Cadogan, Aku Brown and Anthony Henry have been invaluable to our successes. In Odumase, Juliana Baidoo, Maggie Teye, Manye Maku of Kpong, Dr. Kenneth Nyalengbme and Ben Nar Aminrah deserve similar mention. We are deeply indebted to all of them for their commitment, sacrifice and love for young people.
A number of individuals too numerous to mention, have provided resources, ideas, connections, material, supplies and general support. We are deeply indebted to all. In Manya Krobo it is similar. Large numbers of young people volunteer to support our work. Elders like Okyeame Boate and many Queen Mothers provide on-going advice and support to our work. We thank them all.
We are planning on streamlining our work; focussing on capacity building, systems change and supporting infrastructure development. We are confident that the next 5 years will be as productive and exciting as the previous ones.
We would also be remiss not to mention our dearly departed Manye Mamle Okloye (Paramount Queen) and Okyeame Emmanuel Matey Boafo (Uncle Sugar) who were instrumental in paving much of the way for our work and supporting our efforts. We are grateful and continue to honor them as beloved Ancestors.
In closing we would like to express our deep gratitude and respect to Nene Sakite 11 for his continued guidance, support, wisdom and leadership in all that we have done. None of this would have been possible without him.
Nene Konor, I tsui, juemi ke susuma tsuo nge ha Manya Klo!
Sincerely,Replica breitling watch
Nene Kwesi Detse 1 B.A., M.A., PhD (c)
Manoyam Matse replique montre
Manya Krobo Traditional Area
Do you have an article for publication? Please email it to email@example.com.